This article outlines the required steps to setup your Outlook2016 email client to connect to your P8Mail Hosted Mailbox.
1. Start Outlook
2. Click the File tab
3. In the Info category, click Account Settings, and then click Account Settings in the dropdown
4. On the E-mail tab, click New
5. Click the Manual setup or additional server types checkbox, and then click Next.
6. Click POP or IMAP, and then click Next.
7. Configure the following settings
- In the Your Name box, type your full name
- In the Email Address box, type the full email address as provided to you by TPH
- In the Incoming mail server box, type the name imap.p8mail.io
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type the name relay.p8mail.io
- In the User Name box, type your username which is the email address provided to you by TPH
- In the Password box, type the password as provided by TPH
- If you want Outlook to remember your email account password, click to select the Remember password check box.
8. Click More Settings, configure the following settings
Select Outgoing Server tab and select:
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and select
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server
Select Advanced tab:
- Incoming Server (IMAP) type port 143 and select TLS from the drop-down box
- Outgoing Server (IMAP) enter port number 587 and select TLS from the drop-down box
- Click Ok
9. Click Test Account Settings. When you click Test Account Settings, the following process occurs
10. Click Close, Next and Finish.