When the following error appears "communications error occurred while attempting XMLRPC sync with username admin@<Soure IP> @<time stamp>"
This error is due to the HA (High Availability) between the firewalls.
Definition of HA (High Availability)
High availability (HA) is a deployment in which two firewalls are placed in a group and their configuration is synchronized to prevent a single point of failure on your network. A heartbeat connection between the firewall peers ensures seamless failover in the event that a peer goes down.
The following items need to be checked to ensure proper XMLRPC configuration synchronization between two firewalls:
- The Username must be admin on both firewalls.
- The Password must match on both firewalls.
- The webConfigurator must be on the same protocol on each cluster node (HTTP vs. HTTPS).
- The webConfigurator must be on the same port on each cluster node (e.g. 443).
- The Sync interface on the secondary firewall must be enabled.
- The interfaces on all nodes must be assigned in the same order.
- The Synchronize Config to IP option on the primary firewall, must point to the sync interface IP address of the secondary firewall.
- Traffic must be permitted to the webConfigurator port on sync interface of the secondary firewall.
- Verify that ONLY the primary firewall has the various XMLRPC config sync options checked.
- Remove any IP address in the XMLRPC Sync section of the config on the secondary firewall.